As is almost always the case when building Power BI reports, the first version is just the start of the journey, not the final destination. This article is a follow up from last week where I showed you how I built my COVID Power BI report from scratch. This week I am going to take you through the process I went through of starting to make improvements to build a better version 2.0. Improvements in version 2 include:
- Repoint the local data source to a live online data source (so I don’t need to manually update the source data each day)
- Break the link to the local Excel file that is used to set the phases so I can schedule the refresh of the report without OneDrive or a gateway.
- Build a lead/lag adjustment to time phase align the cases with deaths – you don’t want to miss that one.
- Make the report multi country select, including improving the chart labels
- Improving some of the visualisations so they are easier to read
Here is the video
Here is a Copy of the V2 workbook if you would like to take a look.
What Shall I do Next?
Let me know in the comments below how you would like me to continuously improve this report so it is more useful and user friendly.