Learn to Write DAX Online is a combination of self-paced remote learning using the book “Learn to Write DAX“, weekly video based training to support the more complex topics in the book, and weekly live screen sharing Q&A sessions with Matt Allington.
This training course has been specifically designed to provide the following benefits.
- You get to learn incrementally over a 5 week period in your own time. Just find 20-30 minutes per day.
- There is a weekly video where I explain the concepts that are harder to learn yourself. You can watch the weekly videos at any time in the week that suits you.
- You get direct access to me (Matt Allington) to ask for clarification to any questions you have during the weekly Q&A session. You can ask any questions you have at these sessions.
- The cost is very affordable compared with a comparable live training course (about 80% cheaper)
Suitable Q&A Time Zones for Every Country
There are multiple semesters running in parallel that cater for all time zones where ever you are in the world. If you are an early bird or a night owl, feel free to book into any of the semesters that suit your needs.
How it Works
You will get a DRM free eBook copy of the book “Learn to Write DAX” included in the purchase price for this training. If you prefer a paperback, you can refer to my book page here to find a suitable place to purchase the physical book (some people just like a real book).
The course is spread across 5 weeks. Each week, you need to
- study the chapters prescribed for the week
- complete the exercises in the relevant chapters for the week
- Watch the video summary for the week to cement your learning
- attend the weekly Q&A seminar and bring along any questions you have ready to ask for clarification.
The examples and exercises in the book are based on the Adventure Works Access database that you can download for practice as you proceed with the chapters.
The course will follow the chapters in my book as outlined below.
Course Coverage: Week 1
|Chapter 1||Concept: Pivot Tables vs. Power Pivot|
|Chapter 19||Moving from Excel to Power BI|
|Chapter 2||Concept: Loading Data|
|Chapter 3||Concept: Calculated Fields/Measures|
|Chapter 4||DAX Topic: SUM();COUNT();COUNTROWS();MIN();MAX();COUNTBLANK();DIVIDE()|
Video Session: Loading Data, Power BI Desktop, Basic measures
Course Coverage: Week 2
|Chapter 5||Concept: Filter Propagation|
|Chapter 6||DAX Topic: The Basic Iterators SUMX() and AVERAGEX()|
|Chapter 7||DAX Topic: Calculated Columns|
|Chapter 8||DAX Topic: CALCULATE()|
Video Session: CALCULATE() explained, Filter Propagation, Iterators revisited
Course Coverage: Week 3
|Chapter 9||Concept: Evaluation Context and Context Transition|
|Chapter 10||DAX Topic: IF();SWITCH();FIND()|
|Chapter 11||DAX Topic: VALUES();HASONEVALUE()|
|Chapter 12||DAX Topic: ALL();ALLEXCEPT();ALLSELECTED()|
|Chapter 13||DAX Topic: FILTER()|
Video Session: SWITCH, VALUES, ALL, Evaluation Context and Context Transition
Course Coverage: Week 4
|Chapter 14||DAX Topic: Time Intelligence|
|Chapter 15||DAX Topic: RELATED() and RELATEDTABLE()|
|Chapter 16||Concept: Disconnected Tables|
Video Session: Time Intelligence, Custom Time Intelligence Explained
Course Coverage: Week 5
|Chapter 17||Concept: KPIs and Multiple Data Tables|
|Chapter 18||Concept: Cube Formulas|
|Chapter 20||Next Steps on Your DAX Journey|
Video Session: Writing Cube Formulas from scratch, Final questions, Next steps
Ready to Purchase?
This is a semester-based training course. You need to select a semester that suits your location (time zone) and availability over the 5 weeks of the training course. There will be new semesters that become available throughout the year at different times.
You can see a list of all currently available semesters here.
The price of the course is AU$329.
Buy this and Power Query for Excel and Power BI Online Training at the same time and automatically get 10% off the price of those products!