Melbourne Power BI Training was developed by Matt Allington who is a Microsoft MVP (Power BI) & author of the best selling book “Supercharge Power BI”. This course will be delivered by a skilled Power BI trainer certified by Matt to deliver the content. This is a 2 day training course – the topics covered are given below.
Power BI is Microsoft’s powerful data visualisation and analytics tool designed with Excel users in mind.
Microsoft Power BI has the ability to do many wonderful things that will blow your mind, including:
- Automate the process of refreshing your reports without any intervention. You wont have to spend time editing the source files and fixing VLOOKUP formulas any more.
- Create visualisations that your readers will WANT to look at.
During Melbourne Microsoft Power BI training, you will learn what you need to know so you can be great at using this tool. With the hands-on inclusive training approach, you will learn to:
- Load up data from CSV, Excel, and many other data sources
- Prepare your data so it is ready to use inside Power BI.
- Create reports and dashboards that use the latest features in Power BI.
- Share the reports and dashboards with others whether if they are internal or external to your organisation.
- Learn the DAX language (the language of Power Pivot and Power BI). Not knowing how to write DAX is the same as not knowing how to write a formula in Excel – you will get limited benefit without this skill.
- Data modelling with DAX in Power BI
Power BI Training Melbourne Locations
Melbourne Power BI training is likely to be held at Master Builders’ Association Victoria. Exact location will be confirmed with participants the week prior to the course.
Why Matt’s Power BI Training Melbourne is the Best Option
There are a few Power BI training providers in Melbourne. The reasons you would come to this training course include:
- Matt has been recognised by Microsoft as a Power BI leader for the last 3 years in a row through the Microsoft MVP programme. As a Microsoft MVP, Matt gets access directly to the Power BI developer team and this provides deep insights into the way the product works.
- Matt has written 3 versions of the best selling book Supercharge Power BI (and previous edition “Learn to Write DAX) . These books have sold more than 10,000 copies world wide. If you take a look at the reviews on Amazon.com you will see that the people that have read this book find it the easiest to read, learn and importantly, to understand.
- Matt has worked in business roles and also IT roles, giving him a unique insight into the critical cross over areas (business and technical) that are fundamental for successful self service data analytics.
- Matt can explain Power BI, Power Query and DAX better than most.
Every Power BI training participant will receive a copy of the book “Supercharge Power BI”. With this book you can continue your learning after the live training using the same familiar learning style covered in the course.
Here are the upcoming Power BI training dates for Melbourne.