Best in Class Power BI Training
Jump directly to Power BI Live Training Calendar
Why this Course is Different/Better
Not all Power BI training is created equal. This training course was developed by Matt Allington who is a Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the best selling book Supercharge Power BI. The training is delivered by Matt Allington or one of his accredited trainers. The curriculum of this course has been designed to make complicated concepts easy to understand. Each participant of the second day of training will receive a copy of Matt’s book so they can continue the learning journey after the course.
One or Two Days Training?
The course is for 2 days (check below for the dates in your location) and the course coverage is as given below.
- 1 Day Data to Dashboard Using Power BI (6.5 CPD hours)
- 1 Day Data Modelling with Power BI (6.5 CPD hours)
This Power BI training course can be taken as a standalone 2-day course, or as two separate training programs. It is recommended for most people to attend the comprehensive 2-day course “Power BI for the Business Analyst”.
Data to Dashboard Using Power BI (1 Day)
This one day course is the first day of the two day training and covers all you need to know to start using the Power BI suite of tools without expecting you to be a programmer. The topics include
- How to use Power BI Desktop.
- In depth coverage of building visuals and reports using Power BI Desktop.
- Creating dashboards on Power BI.com.
- Sharing your reports with dashboards and work spaces using PowerBI.com.
- Introduction to Power Query, and hands on learning of several reusable patterns that cover common use cases for loading ad hoc data.
Data Modelling with Power BI (1 Day)
This one day course is the second day of the two day training and goes on to focus on teaching business analysts how to model data using Power BI. Unlike some other learning resources, this course dives deep into the details of Power BI Data Modelling with DAX (the data modelling language of Power BI), teaching you everything you really need to know to be good at using Power BI.
The term “Data Modelling” is not something that is familiar to most Excel Pros, and that is because data modelling has historically been done by IT on your behalf. But if you want to be good with Power BI, you must learn how to become a data modeller using Power BI– this is exactly what you will learn in this class. Although the concepts are difficult to pick up via self learning, the expert approach from this live training course makes it accessible to any Excel Pro. The topics include
- Overview of the DAX language (Data Analysis Expressions).
- Common functions in the DAX language.
- How to write formulas that leverage multiple tables.
- The CALCULATE function – the most important function in DAX.
- Advanced concepts including table functions such as ALL, FILTER.
- Time Intelligence
At the end of the 2 days you will be well on you way to becoming a Power BI ninja.
All participants will receive the certificate of completion at the end of the course.
Participants registered for the 2nd day of training will receive a copy of the book “Supercharge Power BI”. If instead you would prefer a copy of “Supercharge Excel”, please indicate this when you place your order. With these books you can continue your learning after the live training using the same familiar learning style covered in the course.
Full details of the course are covered in this downloadable course brochure.
Course Locations and Dates
The upcoming training dates can be seen in the table below. There is an early bird special offer if you book and pay 1 month in advance.
Bulk discounts are available when you register and pay for 3 or more people at the same time.
- Register and pay for 3 people, get 10% discount on total amount
- Register and pay for 6 people, get 20% discount on total amount
Training will be located at a suitable central location in your capital city (depending on numbers)
* Thu 2nd & Fri 3rd Apr 2020
* Mon 18th & Tue 19th May 2020
* Mon 29th & Tue 30th Jun 2020
* Mon 17th & Tue 18th Aug 2020
* Thu 8th & Fri 9th Oct 2020
* Mon 16th & Tue 17th Nov 2020
* Mon 2nd & Tue 3rd Mar 2020
* Mon 20th & Tue 21st Apr 2020
* Mon 1st & Tue 2nd Jun 2020
* Mon 13th & Tue 14th Jul 2020
* Mon 24th & Tue 25th Aug 2020
* Mon 28th & Tue 29th Sep 2020
* Mon 9th & Tue 10th Nov 2020
* Mon 9th & Tue 10th Mar 2020
* Mon 27th & Tue 28th Apr 2020
* Mon 8th & Tue 9th Jun 2020
* Mon 20th & Tue 21st Jul 2020
* Mon 31st Aug & Tue 1st Sep 2020
* Mon 12th & Tue 13th Oct 2020
* Mon 23rd & Tue 24th Nov 2020
* Mon 11th & Tue 12th May 2020
* Thu 17th & Fri 18th Sep 2020
& Other Locations
There are no live training sessions currently planned in these locations but you can still learn from Matt’s courses.
If you prefer live training, you may like to consider attending a live session in Adelaide (see dates above),
or you can contact Matt to organise in-house training if you like. Take a look at private, onsite corporate training.
Alternatively you can attend one of Matt’s Online Power BI training courses.
|Online||There aren’t any Public Training events near you? You may be interested in an Online Training Course by Matt Allington.|