Training Course Overview
Power BI is fast becoming the go-to application for businesses, small and large, to step-change their reporting capability. Power BI is sufficiently different from regular Excel that most people benefit from some live training from an expert. In this training course, you will understand exactly what you need to know to start using the Power BI suite of tools even if you are not a programmer. You will learn in-depth how to create Power BI reports and dashboards and how to share them.
The course comprises of 1 module:
- Module 1 – Data to Dashboard Using Power BI (6.5 CPD hours)
Most participants do both modules together unless they have no need for loading and working with data themselves (module 2). You can find the other modules here.
Power BI Reports and Dashboards
The content in this course is as follows:
- How to use Power BI Desktop.
- In depth coverage of building visuals and reports using Power BI Desktop.
- Creating dashboards using PowerBI.com.
- Sharing your reports with workspaces and apps using PowerBI.com.
- Introduction to Power Query including learning of several reusable patterns that cover common use cases for loading data.
Data Modelling using Power BI
There is a follow up module to this training that covers the more advanced concepts of data modelling for those users that want to build their own data models and analytics using their own data sources. If you are looking for a more in-depth coverage that will allow you to be self-sufficient in building more comprehensive data models, then the course Power BI for the Business Analyst covering both the modules would be better suited for you.
Full details of both days are covered in this downloadable course brochure Power BI For the Business Analyst Online Live Training Outline
All participants will receive the certificate of completion at the end of the course.
Participants should have
- a PC (laptop/desktop) running the latest version of Power BI Desktop so they can complete some practice exercises.
- a quite place to work (home office or suitable space at work)
- a good, solid broadband Internet connection
- an additional monitor to view the live streamed training content from the trainer leaving your PC for the exercises
- a headset of some type to listen to the live streamed content. You should not use your PC speakers as this can cause feedback when you want to ask a question of the trainer.
- ideally you will use a web cam at your end so the instructor can see you too – this will enhance the learning experience.
- The training will be streamed using Zoom video conferencing. Ideally you will launch the zoom client, but you can attend from within a browser if you can’t run the zoom client.
The registrants will receive a meeting invite specifying how to join the training.
The training will be held in Australian Eastern Standard Time timezone (UTC+10). Anyone in a similar timezone is welcome to register and attend too.
Timings: 9am – 5pm
Learning Support Materials
Video On Demand
All participants will receive access to a recorded version of the content available to view online after the training is completed. This will allow you to review any of the content from the module to refresh your learning (available for 3 years after the training is over).
Things you need to know
Cancellations will be accepted 7 business days prior to the course start date. After that time no refunds will be issued. If you are unable to attend for any reason at short notice (i.e. with less than 7 days’ notice), you can send a proxy to attend the course in your place with prior agreement.
The training course may be rescheduled or cancelled if insufficient registrations are received up until 7 days prior to the course date. In this event a suitable arrangement will be made to either refund the course fee in full or reschedule to another session at the choice of the student. The objective is always to make you happy.