Training Course Overview
Power BI is fast becoming the go-to applications for businesses small and large to step-change their reporting needs. These tools are new, and different enough to regular Excel that most people benefit from some live training from an expert. This training course focuses on teaching business/IT users the fundamental principles of data modelling using Power BI and the DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) language.
The course comprises of 1 module:
- Module 2 – Extracting Data Insights with Power BI and DAX (6.5 CPD hours)
This course is ideal if you already have a solid understanding and experience using Power BI report building, sharing and Power Query. It is recommended for most people that are relatively new to Power BI to attend the more comprehensive 2-module course “Power BI for the Business Analyst” that covers both reporting and data modelling.
Power BI DAX and Data Modelling
This training course enables you to move from simply building reports using someone else’s data, to preparing your own data for enhanced use. In this course you will learn:
- Overview of the DAX language (Data Analysis Expressions).
- Common functions in the DAX language.
- How to write formulas that leverage multiple tables.
- The CALCULATE function – the most important function in DAX.
- Advanced concepts including table functions such as ALL, FILTER.
- Time Intelligence.
Download Course Brochure: Power BI For the Business Analyst Online Live Training Outline
Participants should have
- a PC (laptop/desktop) running the latest version of Power BI Desktop so they can complete some practice exercises.
- a quite place to work (home office or suitable space at work)
- a good, solid broadband Internet connection
- an additional monitor to view the live streamed training content from the trainer leaving your PC for the exercises
- a headset of some type to listen to the live streamed content. You should not use your PC speakers as this can cause feedback when you want to ask a question of the trainer.
- ideally you will use a web cam at your end so the instructor can see you too – this will enhance the learning experience.
- The training will be streamed using Zoom video conferencing. Ideally you will launch the zoom client, but you can attend from within a browser if you can’t run the zoom client.
The registrants will receive a meeting invite specifying how to join the training.
The training will be held in Australian Eastern Standard Time timezone 9 AM – 12:30 PM (UTC +11) over 2 consecutive days (3.5 hours each day) and hence is suitable for anyone living in a country with a similar timezone (of course with slightly different start and finish times in that case).
Learning Support Materials
Video On Demand
All participants will receive access to a recorded version of the content available to view online after the training is completed. This will allow you to review any of the content to refresh your learning (available for 12 months after the training is over).
All participants registered for the second module of the training will receive the digital editions of both “Supercharge Power BI” and “Supercharge Excel”. With these books you can continue your learning after the live training using the same familiar learning style covered in the course. Participants with a shipping address in Australia or USA, will also receive paperback copy of the book “Supercharge Power BI”.
All participants will receive the certificate of completion at the end of the course.
Bulk discounts are available when you register and pay for 3 or more people at the same time.
- Register and pay for 3 – 5 people, get 10% discount on total amount.
- Register and pay for 6 – 15 people, get 15% discount on total amount.
- Register and pay for 16 – 25 people, get 20% discount on total amount.
Please Note: If you register on behalf of someone and/or register for more than one participant, please provide the names and email addresses of all the participants in the order notes
Things you need to know
Cancellations will be accepted 7 business days prior to the course start date. After that time no refunds will be issued. If you are unable to attend for any reason at short notice (i.e. with less than 7 days’ notice), you can send a proxy to attend the course in your place with prior agreement.
The training course may be rescheduled or cancelled if insufficient registrations are received up until 7 days prior to the course date. In this event a suitable arrangement will be made to either refund the course fee in full or reschedule to another session at the choice of the student. The objective is always to make you happy.