Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Online Live
2 Modules: Power BI for the Business Analyst, Module 1: Foundations of Power BI – Data to Dashboard, Module 2: Extracting Data Insights with Power BI and DAX
Next Session, The one after that
Power BI Live Training
AUD $695.00 – AUD $1,644.50 Inc. GST
Let’s do a quick recap!
Why Should You Attend This Training?
- The training is developed by Matt Allington, Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the best selling book Supercharge Power BI.
- You will learn all you need to know to start using the Power BI suite of tools.
- You will get hands-on experience in using the tools.
- It will accelerate your learning curve by months and even years.
- You will be on top of industry trends.
- You’re not expected to be a programmer.
- You will dive deep into the details of Power BI Reports, Dashboards and Data Modelling with DAX.
- You will get free access to online course material on the same topics for 12 months.
- The training comprises of 2 modules. You can pick the one you prefer. But most people do both.
- Participants attending module 2 will get a paperback copy of Matt Allington’s book Supercharge Power BI 3rd edition and and digital editions of “Supercharge Power BI” and “Supercharge Excel”. With these books you can continue your learning after the live training using the same familiar learning style covered in the course.
- You will receive the certificate of completion at the end of the course.
- You can claim 13 CPD hours.
Module 1: Foundations of Power BI – Data to Dashboard
- In-depth coverage of building visuals and reports using Power BI Desktop.
- Creating dashboards on Power BI.com.
- Sharing your reports with dashboards and workspaces using PowerBI.com.
- Introduction to Power Query, and hands-on learning of several reusable patterns that cover common use cases for loading ad hoc data.
Module 2: Extracting Data Insights with Power BI and DAX
- Overview of the DAX language (Data Analysis Expressions).
- Common functions in the DAX language.
- How to write formulas that leverage multiple tables.
- The CALCULATE function – the most important function in DAX.
- Advanced concepts including table functions such as ALL, FILTER.
- Time Intelligence
Full details of the course are covered in this downloadable course brochure.
Early Bird and Bulk Discounts
- If you register and pay one month in advance, you will get 10% early bird discount.
- If you register and for 3 or more people at the same time, you will get bulk discounts.
- Register and pay for 3 – 5 people, get 10% discount on total amount.
- Register and pay for 6 – 15 people, get 15% discount on total amount.
- Register and pay for 16 – 25 people, get 20% discount on total amount.
Things You Need To Know
- The face to face live training is conducted in the major cities in Australia – Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide. The training is for 2 days (1 module/day) – 9AM to 5PM at a centrally located training center.
- If you stay outside Australia or if you’re more of an online person, then you can choose online instructor led live training. The training is for 4 days of 3.5 hours (1 module in 2 days).
- For the face to face live training, you will bring your own laptop with the latest version of Power BI Desktop installed – this will be confirmed in a logistics email the week prior to the course training date.
- For the online live instructor led training, you will ensure that you have the connectivity setup – this will be checked by us with a Tech Check and Intro session a week prior to the training.
- Cancellations will be accepted 7 business days prior to the course start date. After that time no refunds will be issued. If you are unable to attend for any reason at short notice (i.e. with less than 7 days’ notice), you can send a proxy to attend the course in your place with prior agreement.
- The training course may be rescheduled or cancelled if insufficient registrations are received up until 7 days prior to the course date. In this event, a suitable arrangement will be made to either refund the course fee in full or reschedule to another session at the choice of the student.
The objective is always to make you happy.