Power BI is fast becoming the go-to applications for businesses small and large to step-change their reporting needs.
Power BI is new and different enough to regular Excel that most people would benefit from some live training.
In this training course, Matt Allington who is a Microsoft MVP and author of the books “Supercharge Power BI” and “Supercharge Excel” delivers exactly what you need to know to start using the Power BI suite of tools without expecting you to be a programmer, and then explains the more advanced concepts of data modelling using DAX (Data Analysis Expressions), the data modelling language of Power BI.
Matt brings his 30+ years of Commercial, Sales and IT experience plus his deep knowledge of these technologies to make this training tangible, practical and usable.
Matt delivers a targeted training course that teaches you exactly what you need to know to get you on your personal BI journey.
The course is for 2 days and the coverage is as follows:
- Day 1 (Introduction to Power BI) focuses on teaching business users the basics on how to use Power BI, Power Pivot, and Power Query. The Topics covered are
- How to use the new Power BI product and what the differences are with Excel.
- A basic overview of the DAX language (Data Analysis Expressions).
- In depth coverage of building visuals using Power BI Desktop.
- Sharing your reports with dashboards and work spaces using PowerBI.com.
- Introduction to Power Query, and hands on learning of several reusable patterns that cover common use cases for loading ad hoc data.
- Day 2 (Data Modelling with Power BI and Power Pivot) dives deep into the more advanced concepts of data modelling for those users that want to build their own data models and analytics using their own data sources. If you are looking for a more in-depth coverage that will allow you to be self-sufficient in building more comprehensive data models. The Topics covered are
- How to optimally load your data for use.
- Common functions in the DAX language.
- How to write formulas that leverage multiple tables.
- The CALCULATE function – the most important function in DAX.
- Advanced concepts including table functions such as ALL, FILTER.
- Time Intelligence 3 ways, Auto, Inbuilt and Custom.
All participants will receive the certificate of completion at the end of the course.
Participants registered for the 2nd day of training will receive a free copy of the book “Supercharge Power BI”. If instead you would prefer a copy of “Supercharge Excel”, please indicate this when you place your order. With one of these books you can continue your learning after the live training using the same familiar learning style covered in the course.