Microsoft is investing multiple millions of dollars developing products like Power BI, Power Pivot for Excel and Power Query for Excel. This is driving high interest in the Excel Power User community because real business data experts can now deliver enterprise quality reporting and analytics from their own PC. The good news is that the most useful capabilities in Power BI, Power Pivot and Power Query are conveniently the most learnable, but you will indeed need to learn them. In this two-day training, Matt Allington (Microsoft MVP and author of the books Learn to Write DAX and Supercharge Power BI) delivers a targeted training course that teaches you exactly what you need to know to get you on your personal BI journey. Matt brings his 25 years of Commercial, Sales and IT experience plus his deep knowledge of these technologies to make this training tangible, practical and usable. This learning in this course will cover:
- How to get started using Power Pivot for Excel
- The basics of data modelling including loading tables of data
- A basic overview of the DAX language (Data Analysis Expressions).
- In depth coverage of building visuals using Power BI Desktop
- Sharing your reports with dashboards and work spaces using PowerBI.com
- Introduction to Power Query, and hands on learning of several reusable patterns that cover common use cases for loading ad hoc data.
- Accessing your data from wherever it is stored, and efficiently load it to your new BI tools
- The basics of data modelling and how it is different to Excel.
- Deep coverage of the fundamentals of the DAX language (Data Analysis Expressions). You need to learn this if you want to get anywhere, but you can do it.
- An introduction to some of the more powerful DAX functions, with explanations of how they work – you really need someone to explain these clearly, and that is what you get.
All participants will receive a free copy of the book Supercharge Power BI. With this book you can continue your learning after the live training using the same familiar learning style covered in the course.