World Class Power BI, Power Pivot and Power Query Training
This live public training course is also available as private, onsite corporate training.
Power Pivot is still considered to be relatively new by many people yet in reality it reflects 15 years of ongoing development at Microsoft. It is this strong heritage, recent revolutions with in-memory technologies, and the relative simplicity of use for business users that makes Power Pivot and Power BI such compelling products. And the good news is that the most useful capabilities are conveniently the most learnable.
In this two-day training course, Matt Allington (author of the book “Learn to Write DAX“) teaches Excel professionals how to use Power Pivot from the point of view of a business analyst. You don’t need to be a database expert to benefit from Power Pivot, but you do need to learn some new techniques to ensure you will succeed. The course covers:
- Importing and creating relationships between your tables of data.
- Writing basic Data Analysis eXpressions (DAX) formulas to extract business insights.
- Then writing more advanced DAX formulas that use the power of DAX to extract additional business insights from the data that are not immediately obvious yet are inherently available.
- An introduction to Power Query, how to use the tool and why it is so great.
- Helping Excel professionals move from being a Power Pivot for Excel user to being a Power BI user.
Download the Course Brochure: Power Pivot Australia Course Outline