Demystifying DAX is a 1 day Intermediate to Advanced DAX Training course developed and delivered by Matt Allington who is a Microsoft MVP (Power BI) & author of the best selling book “Supercharge Power BI”. This advanced DAX training course is ideal for people who already have a base understanding of DAX and Data Modelling, and who have had 6-18 months experience using Power BI (and/or Power Pivot for Excel). If you have little or no formal learning in Power BI, you should consider attending the introductory 2-day course “Power BI for the Business Analyst” first, then get some real world experience and practice before coming back and attending this one day intermediate to advanced DAX and data modelling course.
This one-day training course enables you to move from the basics of DAX and data modelling to a level of competency that will set the platform for solving your current and future reporting needs. Before you can become proficient in the DAX language, you simply must understand how the Power BI/Power Pivot database engine works. This course will teach you what you need to know, including:
- The difference between a model based BI tool and other reporting based BI tools.
- An in depth review of relationship types and their behaviour.
- In depth coverage of evaluation contexts and context transition.
- The true role of the CALCULATE() function.
- Thinking differently about functions such as FILTER() so you can deeply understand how they work.
- Iterator functions vs Aggregator functions e.g. SUMX() vs SUM().
- Virtual filter patterns (where you don’t need relationships at all).
- Custom Time Intelligence Patterns.
- Writing complex formulas using the VAR syntax.
- Other DAX patterns to solve business problems.
Full details of the course are covered in this downloadable course brochure.
Download Course Brochure: Demystifying DAX and Data Modelling – Course Outline
At the end of the day you will be well on your way to becoming a Power BI ninja and expert data analyst.
All participants will receive the certificate of completion at the end of the course.
To register, please indicate the number of participants and your payment details in the form provided below.