This is a follow up to my previous article and video where I demonstrated how to download data from multiple web pages into a data model. In this second article in the series, I demonstrate what I would normally do at the next stage of building a report. I often don’t know what I am going to do when I start. Instead I like to look at the data and build out some useful reporting as I go. This approach is not for everyone, but it is the way I do it.
In the video today, I show how I start looking at the data and then build out the report. I cover
- Making the report look more presentable
- add zoom sliders to a chart
- create a smoothed average line
- Create an interactive title for the charts based on selections in a slicer.
- Create a small multiples chart to see the different states on one page.
Here is the video
More next time
In my next article I will come back and complete the report by adding rates per million population. More on that next time.