Power BI Training is a 2 day live training course developed by Matt Allington who is a Microsoft MVP (Power BI) & author of the best selling book “Supercharge Power BI”. This course will be delivered by Jason Cockington, a certified trainer of Excelerator BI training courses. This Power BI training course can be taken as a standalone 2-day course, or as two separate training courses.
- Foundations of Power BI – Data to Dashboard (6.5 CPD hours)
- Extracting Data Insights with Power BI and DAX (6.5 CPD hours)
1 Day Foundations of Power BI – Data to Dashboard
This one day course is the first day of the two day training and covers all you need to know to start using the Power BI suite of tools without expecting you to be a programmer. The topics include
- How to use Power BI Desktop.
- In depth coverage of building Reports with various visualisations using Power BI Desktop.
- Publishing Power BI Reports to Power BI.com for sharing.
- Power BI.com features including Workspaces, Quick Insights, Q&A, etc.
- Creating Dashboards in PowerBI.com.
- Sharing your reports with workspaces and apps using PowerBI.com.
- Introduction to Power Query, and hands on learning of several reusable patterns that cover common use cases for loading ad hoc data.
1 Day Extracting Data Insights with Power BI and DAX
This one day course is the second day of the two day training and goes on to focus on teaching you how to model data.
The term “Data Modelling” is not something that is familiar to most Excel Pros, and that is because data modelling has historically been done by IT on your behalf. But if you want to be good with Self Service BI using the Microsoft tools, you must learn how to become a data modeller – this is exactly what you will learn in this class. The topics include
- Introduction to Data Modelling.
- How to optimally load your data for use.
- DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) language and Common DAX functions.
- How to write DAX formulas using business logic that bring out data insights.
- The CALCULATE function – the most important function in DAX.
- Advanced concepts including table functions such as ALL, FILTER.
- Time Intelligence.
Full details of the course are covered in this downloadable course brochure.
At the end of the 2 days you will be well on your way to becoming a Power BI ninja.
All participants will receive the certificate of completion at the end of the course.
Participants registered for the 2nd day of training will receive a paperback copy of the book “Supercharge Power BI” and digital editions of “Supercharge Power BI” and “Supercharge Excel”. With these books you can continue your learning after the live training using the same familiar learning style covered in the course.
To register, please indicate the number of participants for the appropriate course below and then provide your payment details in the form provided.