Power BI Online Live Training Course was developed by Matt Allington who is a Microsoft MVP (Power BI) & author of the best selling book “Supercharge Power BI”. This course will be delivered by Jason Cockington, a certified trainer of Excelerator BI training courses. This Power BI training course is a 2-module course.
- Module 1: Foundations of Power BI – Data to Dashboard (6.5 CPD hours)
- Module 2: Extracting Data Insights with Power BI and DAX (6.5 CPD hours)
The training is conducted n 4 sessions (3.5 hrs. each).
Foundations of Power BI – Data to Dashboard
This first module of the two module training covers all you need to know to start using the Power BI suite of tools without expecting you to be a programmer. The topics include
- How to use Power BI Desktop.
- In depth coverage of building Reports with various visualisations using Power BI Desktop.
- Publishing Power BI Reports to Power BI.com for sharing.
- Power BI.com features including Workspaces, Quick Insights, Q&A, etc.
- Creating Dashboards in PowerBI.com.
- Introduction to Power Query, and hands on learning of several reusable patterns that cover common use cases for loading ad hoc data.
Extracting Data Insights with Power BI and DAX
This second module of the two module training goes on to focus on teaching you how to model data with DAX and extract data insights.
The term “Data Modelling” is not something that is familiar to most Excel Pros, and that is because data modelling has historically been done by IT on your behalf. But if you want to be good with Self Service BI using the Microsoft tools, you must learn how to become a data modeller – this is exactly what you will learn in this class. The topics include
- Introduction to Data Modelling.
- How to optimally load your data for use.
- DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) language and Common DAX functions.
- How to write DAX formulas using business logic that bring out data insights.
- The CALCULATE function – the most important function in DAX.
- Advanced concepts including table functions such as ALL, FILTER.
- Time Intelligence.
Full details of the course are covered in this downloadable course brochure.
At the end of the 2 days you will be well on your way to becoming a Power BI ninja.
Learning Support Materials
Video On Demand
All participants will receive access to a recorded version of the content available to view online after the training is completed. This will allow you to review any of the content from the 2 modules to refresh your learning (available for 12 months after the training is over).
All participants will receive the digital editions of the books “Supercharge Power BI” and “Supercharge Excel”. With these books you can continue your learning after the live training using the same familiar learning style covered in the course.
All participants will receive the certificate of completion at the end of the course.
To register, please fill the following form and we will get in touch with you shortly.